Evaluation of the Family Learning Intervention Programme
23 March 2017
Hackney Council established this project as part of the Department for Education's Social Care Innovation Programme and was designed to look at way to improve outcomes for adolescents on the edge of care by helping them remain with their families or within a stable foster placement.
The evaluation has a particular focus on the extent to which Family Learning Intervention Programme (FLIP) has improved the following outcomes for children and adolescents on the edge of care:
- Improved relationships.
- More cared for in a family setting.
- Improved emotional wellbeing.
- Educational attendance, engagement and achievement.
- Reduced youth criminal offending.
- Gang involvement.
- Child sexual exploitation.
- Going missing.