Colin is Cordis Bright’s Managing Director. He works with clients on performance improvement, service reviews, evaluations, multi-agency working and strategic planning. He has experience across children's services, youth justice, adult social care, education and schools, public health and community health services.
“I’m proud of the reputation that we have built at Cordis Bright for delivering high quality consultancy support and research that helps our clients to achieve real and sustained change for service users and their families.”
Colin’s experience includes:
- Service reviews and audits: Colin works with clients to help them understand existing strengths and areas for improvement across projects, services and programmes. Most recently, he has worked with a number of local authorities to identify ‘what works’ in supporting children and young people with complex needs and those in children's residential care. His experience spans early years and childcare, early help, child protection, looked after children, youth offending, children with special educational needs and disabilities and those who have witnesses and/or been victims-survivors of domestic abuse.
- Feasibility studies and economic analysis: this includes helping organisations decide how best to use funding to have maximum impact on target groups. Colin is skilled at economic analysis, including cost-benefit analysis and social return on investment.
- Training, coaching and one-to-one support: Colin works with a wide range of professionals to help them improve their effectiveness – as practitioners, commissioners, managers and leaders. Training and coaching has involved social workers, social work managers, health visitors, and early help workers.
- Research and evaluations: Colin’s experience includes a range of national and local initiatives, e.g. early years, childcare, family support, child health, schools, child protection, looked after children, youth offending, domestic abuse, children with special educational needs or disabilities and social work practice. This also includes undertaking needs assessments and advising on partnership arrangements and commissioning approaches.
- Support to local authorities and the third sector in the measurement of impact and outcomes. This includes the development of toolkits, innovative case-study approaches to measuring impact, support on narrowing the gap, and developing outcomes-based service specifications.
Colin has a BA(Hons) in Social Anthropology from the University of Cambridge and an Executive Masters in Public Administration from the London School of Economics.